The Range Place Monthly Covers Challenge Aug 28, 2016 14:00:42 GMT | To Top Baronessa and JackOFBlades like this
Post by Harmony on Aug 28, 2016 14:00:42 GMT
Please read the posting notes below before giving feedback/quoting anyone
Concept of the challenge:
1) A set of 4 songs for submission will be announced on this thread per month.
2) Down below each member is required to comment below a post of the following format:
Username's TRP Challenge Submissions:
August: Song 1 title: *insert link* Song 2 title:*insert link*
September: Song 1 title: *insert link* Song 2 title:*insert link*
January: Song 1 title:*insert link* Song 2 title:*insert link*
For example in my case the format would be the following:
Harmony's TRP Challenge Submissions:
October: Whole lotta wankery- Mighty Zeppelin
Crucial Posting Notes
-Please use the tagging function @username to give feedback to users instead of quoting submission posts, so that searching and navigating submissions remains uncluttered.
-Feel free to quote normal posts which are not submission posts that start with "Username's TRP Challenge Submissions".
-Username in submission posts being your forum username, try not to change that a lot or update it once you change it to keep things traceable
-The most important part of the post is the first line being for example: "Harmony's TRP Challenge Submissions:" because this way we'll be able to look for posts using the search function without mixing it up with feedback/criticism.
-If you insist on quoting someone's submission post to give feedback, delete this part from the quote to filter it out: delete "Username's TRP Challenge Submissions:" from the post quote please.
-If you are participating in the challenge, it's recommended you make your submitted song names clickable with links instead of just posting links near song names, that would make your submission post look neater.
This way the threads will remain neat and easily traceable through the search function, so that while searching for something like "TRP Challenge Submissions" in the search box, it won't show the tons of quotes giving feedback to the users, instead, it'll just show the submission posts by users and this thread only.
Polls & Song SubmissionsFor the October 2016 song suggestions poll, click this text
For the November 2016 song suggestions poll, click this text
If you wanna suggest "other" song on the poll, first click results to see if someone submitted it and follow the exact format, please try to submit songs under the following format: "Song Name"-[space]"Artist", for example: Whole Lotta Love- Led Zeppelin.
Again, click the "results" button to always make sure we don't double vote the same song, only the highest voted of all double voted will count.
Challenge song lists:
1) Hey Jude - The Beatles Needs no introduction
2) Strangers in the night - Frank Sinatra The baritone heaven
3) Crossroad Blues - Robert Johnson I heard you like dem good blues boys.
4) Pearl Jam-Black Told ya this was gonna be fun
1) Whole Lotta Love- Led Zeppelin Ya all need some coolin'
2) Better Man- Robbie Williams Where are the feels?
3) War Pigs- Black Sabbath Masterful metal you pricks
4) White Room- Cream Who doesn't like Clapton?
1)Can you feel the love tonight- Elton John
2)So Far Away- Avenged Sevenfold
3)Hunchback of Notre Dame (no idea whoever voted for this good luck with the range wankery)
4)Hurt- Nine Inch Nails
-Submissions are due to 3rd of every next month.
-Instrumentals are linked upon click, if you find a better instrumental, do let me know, I'll update it.
-Please try suggesting only 2 songs per user, make sure your suggestions are sane and include no range wankery, if you can't sing it within a month, don't suggest it.
1) The challenge will motivate members to discuss different approaches to same songs and engage with each other as a community, supporting each other's progress and point things out.
2) The challenge will be renewed once per month of course, the selection of songs which are to be included in a challenge is based on suggestions / topics discussed by members, giving TRP members plenty of time to nail at least one song of the four suggested, each month will have new different songs from different genres(encouraging versatility+ experimenting with new different approaches).
3) Submissions to each month will end by the 3rd of every next month (In case of someone taking a vacation or whatever), please try to keep things due to the deadline.
4) Members don't have to sing songs in their original key, in order to encourage fairness and different approaches to same songs while acknowledging the facts some are more advanced than others.
This is not a contest, this is a challenge for us all to improve as a community and individuals, any feedbacks or ideas are welcome
Enjoy the challenge,
May the voice be ever in your favor!